Creating a Business Case for a New WMS to Help Control Costs & Eliminate Waste in Your Food Supply Chain
For food and beverage manufacturers, profits can take the biggest hit from inefficient storage and warehouse activities.
In high-performance food & beverage supply chains, the Warehouse Management System orchestrates every aspect of optimizing multiple warehouse locations, including:
- Efficient storage and staging of raw materials and finished goods to meet customer delivery dates
- Expiration and shelf-life tracking to control costs associated with ingredient spoilage and lot expirations
- Greater visibility of quarantined inventory to eliminate costs associated with waste and excess raw materials
- Inventory balancing to reduce out-of-stock risks while maintaining adequate stock to meet production schedules
- Segregation of allergens (i.e., nuts, gluten products) to avoid cross-contamination